Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thing 21: Beyond MySpace and other Social Networks

Social Networking is just incredible! You can find a social network for just about anything and everything. I think I have been social networking before...and didn't even realize it. What is interesting is that social networking via the web seems to be replacing human networking. Then you say...how is this really any different? Well, you either get together with friends in person or on the web. The web just increases who you can count as a friend...as the web does not have any boundaries..say for example distance. I could be social networking with someone in China or in my hometown..it really doesn't matter. I looked at bakespace, whats on my bookshelf, and goodreads to name a few social networks that I browsed. All in all it just depends on what you are looking for. Sky is the limit here too.

No comments: