Friday, April 4, 2008

Thing 15: Online Games and Libraries

Working in a public library with public Internet access makes you very much aware of how gaming has become a very important aspect of peoples lives. I have a husband that simply cannot go through his day without playing spider solitaire online. I on the other hand couldn't even get into pacman in my days of youth. I asked my husband the other day...if there was some gaming gene that must of missed me or something..and he laughed. I took the 2nd life tour and enjoyed the music, the surreal world was interesting, library lingo and info everywhere was good too. I hate to say this, but I still think gaming eludes me. I do value it for other people and want to make sure I am informed on this or that, but I just don't think gaming is something that I personally am interested in now. Maybe in the future I will think differently, who knows?

No comments: