Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thing 2: What is Library 2.0

The kick off for Library 2.0 with Stephen Abrams talks about making time. I totally agree with him that we can all make time for the things that we want too....and then my comment back is that we can make excuses for the things that we do not want to make time for. Sometimes we librarians can bury our heads in the sands of time aka our books...and want to forget about the technology aspect of libraries. My hope for myself and my staff is that we stretch our minds to include both.
11 Reasons why Library 2.0 exists and matters by John Blyberg was a very interesting article. I really liked his thought of "Make the Library a destination, not an afterthought." With all the budget cuts are we really thinking about the future of libraries....or are we thinking about only basic service? If we do not think about the future....no one will be thinking of the library as a destination....but only as an afterthought.
The Ongoing Web revolution has some excellent ideas of how we can communicate, interact, and relate to others inside and outside of the library.

No comments: